26 MAGAZINE 'FINALLY SPRING' ISSUE COVER STAR JEREMY MEEKS TELLS HIS TRUTH!
May 10, 2018
You think you know, but you have no idea! Covering our 'Finally Spring' Issue, International model Jeremy Meeks impresses as much more than a handsome face. Behind those electric eyes is a growing man and a father making the very best of the once in a lifetime 2nd chance that life has offered him.
Getting To Know Jeremy Meeks:
1. Where were you born?
I was born in St Joseph’s hospital in Tacoma, Washington
2. Where did you grow up?
I grew up all over, from Spokane Washington to Vacaville California, I didn’t find myself in one place for a long time.
3. What was your life like growing up?
Life growing up was different than most. Times were hard but I cant complain! It was definitely a journey on its own with many obstacles but it made me who I am.
4. How did everything unfold; from the mugshot to the modeling contract?
When my mugshot when viral 24 hours of me being locked up I was totally clueless what was going on in the outside world. Contracts were something that I had never seen before. I was completely overwhelmed and truthfully had no idea what I was looking at or what to do.
5. Was modeling ever a goal of yours prior to?
Never, people would often tell me that I could be a model, but that went in one ear and out the other. As sad as it is to say I was so immersed in the streets, modeling was the last thing on my mind.
6. Did you ever in our wildest dreams imagine that you’d be flying around the world walking in shows for the worlds leading luxury designers?
Never, Its still hard to believe. I still feel like I am living in a dream. I am really blessed and so grateful for this amazing 2nd chance at life, To be able to check off some destinations and dreams from my bucket list I know I am on the right path, and excited to see what the future holds.
7. Did you ever have a moment where you realized ‘I made it’ if so, where were you, how did that feel?
From where I was to where I am now is definitely something to be proud of, but truthfully the ‘ I have made it’ moment is still in the works, but that gives me the drive to keep going as I know that time will come very soon.
8. What is your ultimate goal for your modeling career?
Now that I have gotten a taste of this industry, I would like to think that every model's goal is to see themselves on a big campaign.
9. Where do you see yourself in 6 years?
I am currently working on some projects which will take some time to develop but that's all I can say for now! So hopefully if all goes to plan the world will be able to see another side of me, and in 6 years time I will be able to do what I love the most, and be able to take my son Jeremy Jr, to some of his dream destinations and explore the world as a family.
10. What do you think is probably the biggest misconception people have about you?
I am sure you are familiar with the expression “never judge a book by its cover”. People see me with my tattoos and think I must be bad or read things and automatically make a judgment. That's the world we live in today and that's very sad. Until people actually get to meet me and talk to me, I am very shy but very articulate and can have conversations about pretty much anything, I can say most people walk away with a very different impression.
11. Tell us something about you that your fans would be surprised to know?
I am a horrible singer! But in my mind I sound pitch perfect and when I get into the shower I just take it to a whole other level, until my girlfriend crushes that dream, but I know it only comes from a good place.
12. Given the current social climate, Are there any social platforms that you stand for that we’d be surprised to know about?
I stand by a few but if I had to pick, I hate bullies and gun violence. Growing up in school I made sure that every kid that was bullied became my friend so they didn’t get picked on again.
13. What is YOUR definition of wealth and luxury?
I don’t like to specify on those things in particular, I appreciate the beautiful things in life and don’t take anything for granted. But if i had to define it , no matter what happens in life and how much money you have nothing beats being humble, polite and happy.
14. What’s your favorite color?
15. Do you have a favorite musical artist?
Who are you listening to and have on repeat right now? Believe it or not I am an old soul. Anita Baker is normally on repeat in our house, with a little Sade and depending on my mood maybe a little C-Bo.
16. What inspires you the most?
Continually seeing myself grow inspires me to keep going. Also being around so many successful inspiring people and hearing their stories, just shows me there is so much more to life with so many people out there who really believe in me that I wouldn’t want to let down.
17. Do you have a favorite food?
Can you cook & are you any good at it? I love a double double from ‘in n out’ but when I throw it down in the kitchen I make a great peanut butter and jelly French toast.
18. Any favorite go-to menswear designers? Most of my wardrobe is Topman, but I love to basic wear with high fashion. Dior, Balmain and Gucci.
19. Describe your personal style/fashion sense:
Fashion is to fast moving for me and all so new ! But luckily with some help I am able to stay current and get to learn about all the different looks. I am still finding myself I am already in a skinny jean and if you'd asked me a year ago the answer would of been Never.
20. You have incredible skin, any grooming rituals, secrets and or tips for our readers?
Truthfully I never use to use any products, but my girlfriend is a product junkie and introduces me to all sorts of products. But really a little bio oil does the job.
21. How has your life changed most with the onset of fame?
My life has changed dramatically. Like I said previously just being able to be around so many amazing people and being able to experience and see so many great things is just something that I thought was impossible and never happen to someone like me. It just shows you how life is full of surprises and my advice would be never take anything of granted as all it takes is that one thing and a blink of an eye to wake up in a better place.
22. Sports car or SUV?
23. Boxers, briefs or commando?
24. Night out on the town or quiet evening in?
Quiet evening in!
25. Ski trip or beach trip?
26. What legacy do you one day hope to leave behind?
Building something where I know I have made a difference and made positive change. I just want people to know anything is possible, life is hard but if you keep going it does get easier one day.
See ALL of Jeremy's Photos inside our "Finally Spring" Issue!